Devizes Sixth Form has opted into the 2021-22 Post 16 Tuition Fund from the Government to help support our students with the after effects of Covid disruption.
In line with the Government’s requirements for the fund, this money will be spent on the following:
Supporting those students who have not yet secured a Grade 4 in GCSE English and Maths to make progress.
Supporting students living in the most disadvantaged postcode areas to make progress in their Level 3 courses. These postcode areas are not determined by the school but defined as the 27% most economically deprived areas of the country based on the index of multiple deprivation.
What will ‘support’ look like?
Support will include a range of options to best suit individual circumstances and needs.
This could include:
- Small group tuition outside of lesson time for 3-5 students.
- Holiday catch up and revision sessions run by subject staff.
- Coaching and individual mentoring run by the 6th Form Team to improve independent learning skills and metacognition.
- Targeted peer mentoring for individuals by Y13 Subject Ambassadors.
- Individual coaching sessions with our external careers consultant to secure aspirational post 18 pathways.
Further information about the Fund itself can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/16-to-19-funding-16-to-19-tuition-fund