I have met with Mr Bevan and Miss Marshall this morning to ensure that we as a school are still reassured in our decision to travel to France; we are constantly checking the Government and French websites for any additional information regarding travel to France, and there is no further information to suggest that we should cancel the trip. In Boulogne there is no specific Christmas market – it is a tourist town in the summer, but tends to be much quieter in the winter.
As I’m sure you can imagine, the safety of both our students and staff is our highest priority, and we would not continue with the trip if we felt that there was an increased risk of any incidents. Naturally though an event like this makes us reassess, and I wanted to be clear that we have revisited our risk assessments and we are confident that the trip should go ahead. I am meeting with the students today to reinforce our expectations in terms of behaviour and to emphasise the key safety messages already given out.
Of course, we will continue to monitor the situation and if there is any further advice then we will act on this accordingly. In addition, when we are in France I will ensure I am completely aware of any developments, and will make any decisions based on the information at hand.
I am completely confident that this trip will be a great experience for your child; however, if you feel that, in the light of recent incidents you would rather your child did not participate, please let me know of this decision as soon as possible via email, and before 5a.m tomorrow.
My email address is email@example.com
Thank you for your understanding,
Mr P Ross
Head of Faculty Modern Languages