- Who to contact
- Expected standards
- School day
- Home learning
- Pastoral Programme
- Music Tuition
- School food
- Medical matters
- Other information
- School newsletters
- Exam info
- Letters to parents
- Parent Portal
- Year 7 English/Maths catch up
- Pupil premium
Who to contact
If you are a parent and need to get in touch with the school we aim to help you as quickly and as efficiently as possible. We look forward to hearing your comments and thoughts, good or bad, as we want to further improve our school.
To make sure you are contacting the right person please consider which member of staff is best able to deal with your enquiry:
- If your enquiry is specific to a particular subject, please contact the Subject Leader.
- For more general enquiries, please contact a member of the Pastoral Team Year 6 and 7 RAL, Miss Hughes - Pastoral Leader Mrs Britten. Year 8 and 9, RAL Mrs Andrew - Pastoral Leader Mrs Mcphee and Y10 and 11 RAL Mrs Mackay - Pastoral Leader Mrs Burgess. For all Year 12 and 13 enquiries contact Miss Dale (Head) or Mr Maxwell (Deputy) via 6th Form.
It may be the person you need to speak with is not available when you call because they are teaching. The time they have available to reply will be limited so please do try to be patient. Our Receptionist will take a message and pass on to the person you require as soon as they become available. First contact on Reception will be with Mrs Marie Burness or Mrs Katy Sneyd.
Our aim is to get back to you by:
- Responding to your telephone calls and emails within 24 hours,
- Replying to your letters within 5 working days,
- Arranging meetings, when requested, within 5 working days, and to
- Resolve any concerns fairly and within the appropriate timescale.
You will be given the opportunity to provide us with feedback. This will allow us to monitor the level of parental satisfaction regarding communications with staff and make improvements if we need to.
Communication with Parents
It is vital that we have up-to-date personal details for all students, not just for sending home official communications but also if your child is ill during the school day. The school must be able to contact the parents, or, if they are unavailable, other adults who will take responsibility.
Please inform us regarding any changes in your child's personal details, including parents' and other contacts' telephone numbers in particular.
The preferred method is by e mail on:
email@example.com otherwise amendment forms are available from Reception.
Requests for paper copies of our website pages
We are happy to supply parents with paper copies of website pages upon request. If you require any information from this website on paper please contact Karen Sims on 01380 724886 Extension 243. Alternatively you can email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please let us know which pages you require and your name and postal address.
Lost Property Requests
Parents if your child has lost something at school and it does not have their name on it you can email details into email@example.com please note this is not just for uniform, we often have door keys, coats, pencil cases etc handed in. The emails sent to this address will be checked twice a week and if the item you describe has been handed in we will reunite you with it!