- Who to contact
- Expected standards
- School day
- Home learning
- Pastoral Programme
- Music Tuition
- School food
- Medical matters
- Other information
- School newsletters
- Exam info
- Letters to parents
- Parent Portal
- Year 7 English/Maths catch up
- Pupil premium
Expectations and standards are very high at Devizes School and this is reflected in our students’ appearance, behaviour and attitudes to their learning. In 2015 Ofsted inspectors stated, “Students' behaviour around the school is good. Students are polite and courteous to each other and to adults. Students enjoy contributing to lessons. They willingly offer their views and are able to ask for help or to question the teacher when they find the work challenging...they are keen to learn and demonstrate a thirst for knowledge."
We believe that it is everyone’s responsibility to maintain these very high standards. Staff have a right to teach and students have a right to learn in an atmosphere of mutual respect and understanding.
Students take responsibility for their own learning and progress by:
- Being on time to school and lessons.
- Having appropriate equipment (and resources) for all lessons.
- Meeting deadlines for work.
- Seeking help from teaching staff rather than avoiding an issue.
- Acting on feedback/assessment given to improve work in order to meet school/subject/lesson targets.
- Using home learning effectively to support improvement in the quality of their work.
- Taking responsibility for their learning and progress, including persevering to complete challenging activities.
- Respecting the teacher’s right to teach.
- Catching up on missed work following absence.
- Ensuring that their actions and attitude support their learning and the learning of others.
- Concentrating in class and staying on-task at all times.
What's coming up
End of Term 1 2017
The final day of term 1 will be Wednesday 18th Octoberread more
Year 8 Rugby Tournament Wiltshire School Games
17 boys will travel to Hardenhuish School on Wednesday 1st November toread more
Year 11 Mock Exams 6-17th November 2017
Year 11 Mock Exam time begins on Monday 6th November 2017.read more