Ofsted last inspected the school in June 2015. Under the new, tougher Ofsted framework the inspectors saw and reported:
- Good teaching.
- Students from all backgrounds and all levels of ability achieving well and making good progress.
- Good behaviour in classes and around the school.
- Good leadership at all levels.
- Overall therefore, Devizes School was judged to be a ‘Good’ school gaining grade 2 (Good) in all five categories.
- In addition to judging us as nothing less than ‘Good’, the full report makes many references to outstanding practice around the school. Here are a few quotes that capture the flavour of what they appreciated about our good and improving school.
The full Ofsted report can be downloaded from the Ofsted website. Or click on the 'Ofsted Download' link on our home page.
The headteacher is ably supported by senior leaders. They work well together as a team to accurately identify the school’s strengths and areas for development. Teachers are now held to account for students’ progress and consequently achievement is now good.
Teaching is good across the curriculum. Teachers use their strong subject knowledge to help students to increase their understanding and to make good progress.
Students’ behaviour around the school is good. Students are polite and courteous to each other and to adults. The absence of litter and graffiti demonstrates students’ pride in their school.
The sixth form is well led and managed. Teaching is good in the sixth form, and outcomes for sixth form students are good in most subjects.
End of Term Four Newsletter 2019
Click here toread more
'Good' Ofsted Report
Devizes School has won praiseread more
2019 Easter Revision Schedule for Year 11
Please find the link below for the Easter Revision Schedule for Year 11. Not all will be relevant to every student,read more