The school governors are a group of local people, staff and parents who essentially own the school and employ its staff. They are charged with the responsibility to support and challenge the Headteacher and the Senior Leadership Team to run the school effectively and continue to improve it.
The governors meet as a board of governors six times a year. They are organised into six standing committees that also meet six times a year and two further panels as necessary throughout the year. The governors committees/panels are:
- General Purposes and Finance (6/year) – Chair, Mr C Barker
- Staffing (6/year) – Chair, Mr P Moorcroft
- Premises (6/year) – Chair, Mr M Stevens
- Curriculum (6/year) – Chair Mrs M Askey
- Student Welfare (6/year) - Chair, Mr K Rose
- Disciplinary panel (as required)
- Appeals panel (as required)
- Self Evaluation and Performance Data (6/year) - Chair, Mrs M Flynn
Parent Governors - Mrs S Easton, Mrs M Askey, Mrs M Flynn, Ms L Davis, Mrs J Edwards, Mrs M Tilley
Appointed Governors - Mr D Bousfield (Chair), Mr P Mackie, Mr K Rose (Vice-Chair), Mrs C Kelly, Mr M Stevens, Mr C Barker, Ms C Davis, Mr G Jefferies, Mr P Moorcroft, Mrs K Collis
Staff Governors Mr I Mullings, Mr P Bevan (Headteacher), Mrs V Mackay. 1 vacancy.
Register of Interests and Attendance
Contact with Governors
Contact with the governors is via the Clerk to Governors, Mrs G Wheeler.
Tel. 01380 724886
Book Signing Event with Marc Allum - NOTE CHANGE OF DATE!
Tickets can now beread more
Year 11 Mock Exams 6-17th November 2017
Year 11 Mock Exam time begins on Monday 6th November 2017. All students should now have their exam timetables.read more
Southbroom Infants School Open Mornings 2017
Why not pop along toread more