The school governors are a group of local people, staff and parents who essentially own the school and employ its staff. They are charged with the responsibility to support and challenge the Headteacher and the Senior Leadership Team to run the school effectively and continue to improve it.
The governors meet as a board of governors six times a year. They are organised into six standing committees that also meet six times a year and two further panels as necessary throughout the year. The governors committees/panels are:
- General Purposes and Finance (6/year) – Chair, Mr C Barker
- Staffing (6/year) – Chair, Mr P Moorcroft
- Premises (6/year) – Chair, Mr M Stevens
- Curriculum (6/year) – Chair Mrs M Askey
- Student Welfare (6/year) - Chair, Mr K Rose
- Disciplinary panel (as required)
- Appeals panel (as required)
- Self Evaluation and Performance Data (6/year) - Chair, Mrs M Flynn
Parent Governors - Mrs S Easton, Mrs M Askey, Mrs M Flynn, Ms L Davis, Mrs J Edwards, Mrs M Tilley
Appointed Governors - Mr D Bousfield (Chair), Mr P Mackie, Mr K Rose (Vice-Chair), Mrs C Kelly, Mr M Stevens, Mr C Barker, Ms C Davis, Mr G Jefferies, Mr P Moorcroft, Mrs K Collis
Staff Governors Mr I Mullings, Mr P Bevan (Headteacher), Mrs V Mackay. 1 vacancy.
Contact with Governors
Contact with the governors is via the Clerk to Governors, Mrs G Wheeler.
Tel. 01380 724886
End of Term Message from Mr Bevan - Summer 2017
Dear Parents This has been an incredibly positive and productive academic year; please read the recently published newsletter to catch upread more
Exam Results Day Information 2017
If you are in Year 11 or 6th Form and you want a parent or friend to collect results fromread more
Amazing Open Evening
Many thanks to all whoread more