The school governors are a group of local people, staff and parents who essentially own the school and employ its staff. They are charged with the responsibility to support and challenge the Headteacher and the Senior Leadership Team to run the school effectively and continue to improve it.
The governors meet as a board of governors six times a year. They are organised into six standing committees that also meet six times a year and two further panels as necessary throughout the year. The governors committees/panels are:
- General Purposes and Finance (6/year) – Chair, Mr C Barker
- Staffing (6/year) – Chair, Mr P Moorcroft
- Premises (6/year) – Chair, Mr M Stevens
- Curriculum (6/year) – Chair Mrs M Askey
- Student Welfare (6/year) - Chair, Mr K Rose
- Disciplinary panel (as required)
- Appeals panel (as required)
- Self Evaluation and Performance Data (6/year) - Chair, Mrs M Flynn
Parent Governors - Mrs S Easton, Mrs M Askey, Mrs M Flynn, Ms L Davis, Mrs J Edwards, Mrs M Tilley
Appointed Governors - Mr D Bousfield (Chair), Mr P Mackie, Mr K Rose (Vice-Chair), Mrs C Kelly, Mr M Stevens, Mr C Barker, Ms C Davis, Mr G Jefferies, Mr P Moorcroft, Mrs K Collis
Staff Governors Mr I Mullings, Mr P Bevan (Headteacher), Mrs V Mackay. 1 vacancy.
Contact with Governors
Contact with the governors is via the Clerk to Governors, Mrs G Wheeler.
Tel. 01380 724886
No Blazers or Ties on Wednesday
On Wednesday 21st June due to the warmer weather students are not required to bring blazers to school and will notread more
Geography Trip Postponed
A message to all Year 10 who are going on the Hengistbury Head Geography trip. Due to staff illness the tripread more
Devizes School Student Accepted by RADA
We are very pleased toread more