The school governors are a group of local people, staff and parents who essentially own the school and employ its staff. They are charged with the responsibility to support and challenge the Headteacher and the Senior Leadership Team to run the school effectively and continue to improve it.
The governors meet as a board of governors six times a year. They are organised into six standing committees that also meet six times a year and two further panels as necessary throughout the year. The governors committees/panels are:
- General Purposes and Finance (6/year) – Chair, Mr C Barker
- Staffing (6/year) – Chair, Mr P Moorcroft
- Premises (6/year) – Chair, Mr M Stevens
- Curriculum (6/year) – Chair Mrs M Askey
- Student Welfare (6/year) - Chair, Mr K Rose
- Disciplinary panel (as required)
- Appeals panel (as required)
- Self Evaluation and Performance Data (6/year) - Chair, Mrs M Flynn
Parent Governors - Mrs S Easton, Mrs M Askey, Mrs M Flynn, Ms L Davis, Mrs J Edwards, Mrs M Tilley
Appointed Governors - Mr D Bousfield (Chair), Mr P Mackie, Mr K Rose (Vice-Chair), Mrs C Kelly, Mr M Stevens, Mr C Barker, Ms C Davis, Mr G Jefferies, Mr P Moorcroft, Mrs K Collis
Staff Governors Mr I Mullings, Mr P Bevan (Headteacher), Mrs V Mackay. 1 vacancy.
Contact with Governors
Contact with the governors is via the Clerk to Governors, Mrs G Wheeler.
Tel. 01380 724886
Bronze Award - Healthy Schools Award from Wiltshire Council
We have been successful inread more
Year 7 Revision Session
The revision session for Year 7 students and parents originally scheduled for this week has been postponed. This event willread more
Open House 2017
We have now completed anread more